Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya
IGKV was established on 20th January 1987 after bifurcating from Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur. Its main objective is to work for the up-liftment of farmer's livelihood of Chhattisgarh. Education, Research and Extension are the major activities coordinated through agriculture, veterinary, dairy and agricultural engineering faculties and Directorates of instruction, research and extension. Grant in aid is received from ICAR, State Government and international agencies.
The major objectives of the university are;
- Undertake basic, applied and adaptive research to evolve appropriate solution and technology.
- Diversification of crops and farming systems.
- Collaboration with the state, national and international research institution
- Imparting knowledge and education to the people engaged in agriculture and allied fields.
- Developing educational and research networks in agriculture and allied field for the state agriculture and allied sectors.
- Developing excellent and intellectual human resources for the State and Nation.
- Revolutionize the state agriculture applying need based and diversified technologies in state.
- Increasing overall agricultural education status and production and productivity of the state.
- Fast and sustainable development of agricultural science and technologies.
- Establishing and advocating new but novel sources of income to the farmer's community of the state.
Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Academic Programs
- BSc Agriculture
- BSc Horticulture
- M.Sc.(Agriculture) Agronomy
- M.Sc.(Agriculture) Genetics & Plant Breeding
- M.Sc.(Agriculture) Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry
- MSc Agriculture) Entomology
- MSc.(Agriculture) Agricultural Extension
- MSc.(Agriculture) Plant Pathology
- MSc.(Agriculture) Agricultural Statistics
- MSc.(Agriculture) Agricultural Economics
- MSc.(Agriculture) Plant Physiology
- MSc.(Agriculture) Agro-meteorology
- MSc.(Agriculture) Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- MSc.(Agriculture) Agricultural Microbiology
- MSc.(Agriculture) Forestry
- MSc. Fruit Science
- MSc. Vegetable Science
- MSc. Floriculture and Landscape
- M.Tech.(Agricultural Engineering) Soil and Water Engineering
- M.Tech.(Agricultural Engineering) Farm Machinery and Power
- M.Tech.(Agricultural Engineering) Agricultural Processing and Food Engineering
- PhD.(Agriculture) Agronomy
- PhD.(Agriculture) Genetics & Plant Breeding
- PhD.(Agriculture) Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry
- PhD.(Agriculture) Entomology
- PhD.(Agriculture) Agricultural Extension
- PhD.(Agriculture) Plant Pathology
- PhD.(Agriculture) Plant Physiology
- PhD.(Agriculture) Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- PhD.(Agriculture) Agricultural Microbiology
- PhD.(Agriculture) Forestry
- PhD Fruit Science
- PhD Vegetable Science
- PhD Floriculture and Landscape
- PhD.(Agricultural Engineering) Soil and Water Engineering
- PhD Agricultural Engineering) Farm Machinery and Power
- PhD (Agricultural Engineering) Agricultural Processing and Food Engineering
Admission in IGKV
Under Graduate Admission Procedure
The admission in first year of B.Sc.(Agri) is done on the basis of a merit list provided by the Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board of the State Government. The Board conducts a Pre Agriculture Test (PAT) for B.Sc.(Agri) and B.SC.(Hort) courses, Pre Engineering Test (PET) for B.Tech. of Agriculture Engineering.
Post Graduate Admission Procedure
The Common Entrance Test (CET) of graduates of Agriculture is conducted by the University and based on performance of the candidates a merit list is prepared. Based on the merit list, admissions are given in the subject of their choice. The roaster of reservation is followed for these admission also.
Ph.D. Admission Procedure
Similar to PG admission for Ph.D. also a Common Entrance Test (CET) is conducted by the University and admission to the candidates is given based on their performance in CET which includes academic performance in PG and written and oral tests. Thus, a list is prepared and final admission is given according to State Government roaster for different categorie
The Central Library of Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalya is also known as the Nehru Library. It is also the central library for constituent and affiliated colleges of Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalya viz. 23 constituent Colleges and fifteen private colleges, Research Stations and Krishi Vighyan Kendras (KVKs).
Nehru Library has a record of more than One lakh resources books, reports, theses, monographs, journal volumes, e-Resources, e-Books, CD ROM Database and other reference material. Library subscribes to more than 200 journals in physical form and close to 3,500 electronically online form related to Agriculture and allied subjects.. The library has a working ‘Cybrary’ with highly configured terminals and wi-fi connectivity with CCTV and anti-theft security systems.
Indira Gandhi Agricultural University
Krishak Nagar, 492012, Raipur, CG, India